Greenbelt Aquatic and Fitness Center
Mon - Fri6:00 AM — 10:00 PM
Saturday8:00 AM — 9:00 PM
Sunday8:00 AM — 9:00 PM
The facility closes the 3rd Sunday of the month at 8:00pm for staff training. Swimming must cease, and pools must be vacated 15 minutes before the scheduled end of day.
The City of Greenbelt is accepting sealed bids for furnishing of material and labor for the repair and re-plastering (white coat) at the main indoor pool of the Greenbelt Aquatic and Fitness Center, 101 Centerway, Greenbelt, MD 20770. Bids will be accepted until 10am on June 22, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE-A REVISED INFORMATION PACKET
WAS POSTED ON 6/13/2017
Please use this link to access the Bid Information Packet.
Indoor Pool and Fitness WingMonday - Friday 6:00am-10:00pmSaturday and Sunday 8:00am-9:00pmSummer Holidays 8:00am-8:00pm (pool)
Monday - Friday 11:00am-8:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 10:00am-8:00pm
Summer Holidays 10:00am-7:45pm
Swimming must cease and pools must be vacated 15 minutes before the scheduled
end of day for maintenance and closing procedures.
Greenbelt Municipal Swim Team Meets will be held on June 17, July 1*, July 8*
* Swim Lessons scheduled 9:00am-noon, limited lap lanes. GAFC Outdoor Pool will open at 1pm on these dates.
Youth (1-13 years)
Young Adult (14-17 years)
Adult (18-59 years)
Senior (60+ years)
Weekends and Holidays between the dates of May 27, 2017 and September 4, 2017 are restricted to passholders, Greenbelt residents, and their paying guests (limit of 3 guests per person). Greenbelt Residents are required to show proof of residency when paying daily admission.
Residents: Those residing within the corporate limits of Greenbelt who pay City taxes and are entitled to vote in City elections. Greenbelt Road and 6999-7699 Hanover Parkway are not considered Greenbelt addresses.
- The above hours are subject to change
- The indoor pool will be closed from August 20 at 8:00pm through August 31 at 6:00am for annual cleaning. The Fitness Wing will be closed August 21 and 22 for annual cleaning.
- All members are required to scan their pass to gain entry into the Aquatic and Fitness Center. Please see guidelines on becoming a member.
- Aquatic classes take precedence over recreational swimming. Patrons may use whatever sections of the pool are not being utilized by classes. A minimum of three (3) lap lanes are available at all times, except during indoor swim team practices when no lap lanes are available.
- The facility closes at 8:00pm the third Sunday of every month for staff training. The indoor pool closes at 7:45pm this day.
- The hot tub closes at noon every other Wednesday for regular cleaning.
- All passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
GAFC is always looking for certified Pool Managers, Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors and Swim Lesson Instructors. To learn more and to apply, visit http://www.greenbeltmd.gov/jobs.aspx
A participants manual is required to participate in the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Class. Lifeguard Manual
Memberships are available for Greenbelt residents and non-residents. Corporate memberships are also available.
GAFC Membership Rates
Swim Lessons & Aquatic Fitness Classes
The Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center offers a large variety of classes for all ages.
Check out the list of our upcoming classes.
Private swimming and fitness training is available though the Greenbelt Aquatic and Fitness Center.
Fitness Evaluations & Personal Training
Fitness Evaluations and Personal Training are available through the Greenbelt Aquatic and Fitness Center.
The Greenbelt Aquatic and Fitness Center would like you to know what you can do to be safe at our pool.
What to Wear!?