Green ACES Meeting
- Date: 01/28/2020 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Greenbelt Community Center
15 Crescent Road
Greenbelt, Maryland 20770
AGENDA FOR THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY MEETING AND GREEN TEAM MEETING
Tuesday, January 28, 2010 - 7:30 pm – Community Center
Members present: John Lippert, Jane Young, Josh Hamlin, Erica Hernandez, William Manico, Matt Dirksen, Larry Hilliard, Ron and Rhema Bjorkland, Xochitl Zamora-Thompson, Steve Skolnik, Susan Barnett, Maggie Cahalan
Liaisons: Colin Byrd (council liaison).
Luisa Robles (staff liaison).
Excused Absences: Michael Hartman
Call to order:
- At its meeting on November 25, 2019, Council made the following referral to Greenbelt
Advisory Committee on Environmental Sustainability & Park and Recreation Advisory
Board: To explore how to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day, April 22, 2020.
- Erica Hernandez would like to propose a project/study where we encourage people to behave in more friendly ways towards the environment using psychology.
3. Updates from Sustainability Framework / Green Team Circles.
- Energy / Solar.
- Food Systems / Sustainable Landcare.
- Green Building.
- Land Use / Planning / Pathways of Sustainability.
- Time Bank / Local Economies.
- Waste Management / Zero Waste.
- Water / Stream / Stormwater Restoration.
4. Upcoming events people might want to share.
This agenda is subject to change