Arts Advisory Board
- Date: 03/03/2020 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Greenbelt Community Center
15 Crescent Road
Greenbelt, Maryland 20770
Draft Agenda for March 3, 2020
Meeting to be held at 7:00pm
At the Greenbelt Community Center
15 Crescent Road, 301-397-2208
Art Gallery (room 112)
*** This meeting will only be held upon advance confirmation
that enough members are available to constitute a quorum.
BOARD MEMBERS: please make sure that you respond to the sign-up link
provided via e-mail by the specified deadline.
NON-MEMBERS: if you plan to attend, please check the status of this meeting
by writing to email@example.com before 5pm on the meeting date. ***
1. Verification of quorum and call to order
2. Approval of the agenda
3. Approval of minutes for the November 12, 2019, January 7, 2020 and
February 4, 2020 meetings (K. Stenson)
4. Meeting with representatives (as available) of arts-based Greenbelt Recognition Groups who are seeking basic certification – not grant funding – in FY21.
5. Roosevelt Center lighting: recap of meeting with Roosevelt Center Merchants Association and discussion of the draft report to Council (K. Stenson, G. Griffiths and E. Levner)
6. Artwork for Greenbelt Municipal Building: introduction of a proposal from Kathy Karlson, Artist in Residence at the Greenbelt Community Center, to create a painting for the city. Ms. Karlson is requesting coverage of materials costs only.
7. May 5 arts mixer: sponsorship, guest list ideas (K. Stenson)
8. Round robin: brief informational announcements pertaining to Greenbelt arts, and/or suggested agenda items for future meetings.
This agenda is subject to change.