CANCELLED - Advisory Committee on Environmental Sustainability
- Date: 03/24/2020 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Greenbelt Community Center
15 Crescent Road
Greenbelt, Maryland 20770
AGENDA FOR THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY MEETING AND GREEN TEAM MEETING
Tuesday, March 24, 2010 - 7:30 pm – Community Center
Members present: Josh Hamlin, Erica Hernandez, William Manico, Matt Dirksen, Larry Hilliard, Ron Bjorkland, Rhema Bjorkland, Xochitl Zamora-Thompson, Michael Hartman,
Green Team Only: Susan Barnett, Maggie Cahalan, and Steve Skolnik.
Liaisons: Colin Byrd (council liaison).
Excused absences: John Lippert, Jane Young, Luisa Robles
Call to order:
1. Earth Day Planning:
Putting all events in one document
AFF Cleanup Indian Creek by Greenbelt Station.
Watershed groups cleanup (Tom Taylor?)
Green Man Festival: tabling from ZWC, Zero wasting the event.
Environmental talks at Greenbelt Community Church. Speakers Lore Rosenthal and Beth Terry are scheduled at the Greenbelt Community Church on May 17 as extended Earth Day activities.
April 20 Reel & Meal: “evening of short films and discussion on the Climate Crisis and what we can do about it.
Public Works will offer free mulch at Northway Field—bring your container or fill your vehicle—four Fridays in April: 8 am - 12 noon on the 3rd and 17th; 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm on the 10th and 24th.
Crazy Quilt: This June 13 festival will also mark the New Deal Café’s 25th anniversary.
2. Updates from Sustainability Framework / Green Team Circles.
- Energy / Solar Circle.
- Food Systems / Sustainable Land care Circle.
- Green Building.
- Land Use / Planning - Pathways of Sustainability Circle.
- Local Economies - Time Bank Circle
- Waste Management / Zero Waste Circle.
- Water / Stream - Stormwater Restoration – Watershed Circle.
3. Upcoming events people might want to share:
March 28 (Sat) – Earth Hour
May 17 (Sun) – Greenbelt Community Church, 3 environmental speakers.
4. Green Team Circles Meetings:
This agenda is subject to change