Green ACES Meeting
- Date: 09/24/2019 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Location: Greenbelt Community Center
15 Crescent Road
Greenbelt, Maryland 20770
AGENDA FOR THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY MEETING AND GREEN TEAM MEETING
Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 7:30 pm – Community Center
Members present: Ron and Rhema Bjorkland, John Lippert, Jane Young, Matt Dirksen, Michael Hartman, Josh Hamlin, Larry Hilliard, Erica Hernandez, William Manico, Steve Skolnik, Susan Barnett, Maggie Cahalan
Liaisons: Colin Byrd (council liaison).
Luisa Robles (staff liaison).
Call to order:
Welcome to our new members Erica Hernandez and William Manico!
1. Firefly sanctuary proposal - establish a firefly sanctuary at Stream Valley Park. This has been referred to Green ACES by Council. Please find proposal attached.
2. Bicycle facilities on Hanover Parkway - Sabra and Associates have drafted 2 alternatives they presented to Green ACES/Team at our last meeting. Discussion and comments.
3. Updates from Sustainability Framework / Green Team Circles.
3.1 Energy / Solar.
3.2 Food Systems / Sustainable Landcare.
3.3 Green Building.
3.4 Land Use / Planning / Pathways of Sustainability.
3.6 Time Bank / Local Economies.
3.7 Waste Management / Zero Waste.
3.8 Water / Stream / Stormwater Restoration.
4. Upcoming events people might want to share.
Shredding – Saturday, October 19, 2019. Roosevelt Center parking lot. 9 am to 12 pm.
This agenda is subject to change
Meetings are subject to change. Agenda will be posted when available.
Please Contact Luisa Robles at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information