Buddy Attick Lake ParkAmenities:
- ADA Accessible
- Basketball Court
- Bike Trail
- Picnic Area
- Playground (Ages 2-5)
- Playground (Ages 5-12)
- Walking Track
- Parks and Recreational Facilities
Buddy Attick was a pioneer of Greenbelt. His family lived in the area before it was bought by the federal government to create the City of Greenbelt. He was one of the first policemen in the town and later became the Director of Public Works.
A picturesque 23 acre lake is the focal point of this attractive Greenbelt amenity. A dirt and stone path winds its way through the woods and around the lake, perfect for passive recreational activities. The path around the lake is approximately 1.25 miles long.
Also included are picnic pavilions with grills, tables and benches, a paved court area, tot lot, and playground, and restrooms. Picnic pavilions are permitted out to Greenbelt residents and businesses only. For rates and availability, call 301-397-2200.
There is NO swimming in lake. NO motorized boats or rafts. Canoes and kayaks are allowed with permit. Permits are issued from the Greenbelt Police Department, Monday – Friday 9:00am-4:30pm, $3, must be a City of Greenbelt resident.
Fishermen ages 16 years and over must have license; obtain from local sporting shops.
Monday -Friday: 5:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00am - 11:00pm
Restrooms close at dusk
From 495 South (Landover / New Carrollton): Exit 23-B (Kenilworth Avenue / Greenbelt Road). When you come off the ramp, make a right at the stop light onto Kenilworth Avenue. Go down to the first stop light and make a right onto Crescent Road. The park entrance is up the hill, the first right. You will see a big wooden sign indicating the park.
From 495 North (Silver Spring / College Park): Exit 23-B (Kenilworth Avenue / Greenbelt Road Exit). When you come up the ramp, bear to your left and make a left at the stop light onto Kenilworth Avenue. Go down to the second stop light and make a right onto Crescent Road. The entrance to the park is up the hill, the first right. You will see a big wooden sign indicating the park.
Buddy Attick Lake Park has a limited amount of parking available and also a Permit Parking Area. Residents are allowed to apply for the Permit Parking Area at no cost. These are the procedures to follow for a permit.
- All vehicles parked in the Buddy Attick Permit parking lot must display a valid and current Buddy Attick Parking Permit.
- Permits are available at no charge at the Department of Planning and Community Development office, 15 Crescent Road, M-F from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- Residents must present a valid vehicle registration card to obtain a permit. Permits are not transferable.
- Individuals with current Buddy Attick parking permits should continue to display those permits. All existing, valid permits remain valid.
- New parking permits are available to city residents able to verify legal residency.
- Parking permits must be displayed in the windshield of the vehicle parked at the Buddy Attick permit lot at all times a vehicle is parked in the lot.
- Failure to display a valid permit may result in the issuance of a parking citation.
For information, please contact the Department of Planning and Community Development at 301-345-5417.
Reserving a Picnic Area
The picnic area is permitted out to Greenbelt residents and businesses only. For rates and availability, call 301-397-2200 or email Alison Longworth.
A Park Rental Application is posted here for convenience. It must be printed out and brought in to:
Greenbelt Recreation Business Office
Greenbelt, MD 20770
Please read the Park Rental Application Process and Rules before applying.
Main number: 301-397-2200
Fax number: 301-397-2203
Follow us on Facebook!