Water Exercise Instructor
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.00/hour + depending on experience
- Posted Date:02/19/2014
Applications for this position are taken on an on-going basis.
The Water Exercise Instructor is responsible for overseeing the safety of water aerobics patrons while instructing a dynamic, safe, and constructive 45 minute long water exercise class.Classes vary from generalized water aerobics, deep water aerobics and Aqua Zumba.
- Educates patrons on fitness and safety, and maintains a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for class participants.
- Teaches scheduled classes; beginning and ending on time, provides adequate warm-up, exercise, stretching, and cool down.
- Instructs patrons on effective workout methods, explains proper techniques, demonstrates exercises; identifies different muscle groups and teaches appropriate methods to strengthen specific muscles.
- Prepared for class using the appropriate equipment and music.
- Maintains a positive exercise experience for members and class participants.
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
- Background in fitness.
- Enjoy working with a variety of people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with department employees and the general public.
- Willing to seek knowledge about fitness related issues.