Swim Lesson Instructor
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.34/hour
- Posted Date:02/19/2014
Applications for this position are accepted on an on-going basis.
The Swim Lesson Instructor is responsible for teaching swim lessons to swimmers between the ages of 6 months to adults and seniors according to Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center guidelines. Classes include parent and child classes, American Red Cross Learn-to- Swim classes, tween/teen classes, and adult instructional classes. The Swim Lesson Instructor will enforce pool and safety rules and Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center policies to maintain a safe environment and customer satisfaction.
- Be familiar with American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim levels and other Red Cross water safety courses and know how to use course materials effectively
- Provide swim instruction to students of all ages, abilities, and skill levels
- Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants so they can meet course objectives
- Evaluate students and recommend appropriate classes for their skill levels
- Provide corrective and positive feedback to students to ensure learning and a positive atmosphere
- Complete student evaluation cards
- Have all instructional equipment ready before lessons begin and put all equipment away at the end of lessons.
- Communicate regularly with participants and parents
- Recognize distressed swimmers and provide the necessary assistance
- Know, understand, and enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, and regulations.
- Never leave students unattended
- Report to duty and be ready to work 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your shift
- Maintain a positive rapport and image with the patrons.
- Keeps the facility clean, including pool, pool area, and locker rooms.
Current certification in the following:
- Lifeguard Training, First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Automated External Defibrillation (preferred)
- Swimming background knowledge