- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.45/Hour ($12.88 w/more than 18 months)
- Posted Date:02/14/2014
Applications for this position are taken on an on-going basis.
The Lifeguard at the Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center is responsible for overseeing the safety of pool patrons while swimming and utilizing the pool area.
- Supervise the safety and wellbeing of all of the facility patrons.
- Maintain order and enforce established swimming pool rules and regulations in an appropriate manner.
- Warn bathers of unseen hazards and eliminate hazards when possible.
- Restrict swimmers to certain boundaries as it pertains to their ability.
- Give aid to swimmers in need and administer first aid when necessary.
- Assist the pool managers and aquatic coordinators with the daily housekeeping tasks to include, but not limited to: cleaning pool decks, gutters, drains, and scum lines; policing pool areas; and vacuuming pools.
- Keep uniforms in good repair and maintain a well-groomed professional appearance.
- Must be at least 16 years old or older.
- Current certifications in the American Red Cross courses:
- Lifeguard Training
- First Aid
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Automated External Defibrillation
- Pre-employment/Employment testing of lifeguarding skills and knowledge - including but not limited to:
- swim 500 yards non-stop
- ability to tread water for 2 minutes without hands
- back-boarding skills
- swim 20 yards – pick up 10lb brick off bottom and swim it back within 1 minute and 30 seconds, etc.
Lifeguarding Classes are offered by the Greenbelt Aquatic and Fitness Center. Contact Facility 301-397-2204 for more information.