- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11.50/hr
- Posted Date:01/26/2018
Part-time position with major responsibility for the teaching of basic fundamentals of skateboarding. The instructor is also responsible for keeping supervisors and parents informed of activities and problems. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Arriving prepared and on time.
- Provide instruction to youth for basic skateboard skills
- Demonstrate proper use of equipment, techniques, and methods of proper movements to achieve proficiency in activity.
- Explains and enforces safety, rules, and regulations.
- Instruct students in elements of class level. Make every effort to cover all elements of level.
- Prepare facilities for special events and meetings, including moving, assembling, disassembling and maintaining audiovisual equipment and setting up, taking down and storing of tables, chairs, other equipment.
- Check ID's for required activities.
- Represent the Greenbelt Recreation Department and the City of Greenbelt.
- Complete necessary paperwork in a timely fashion, including accident and incident reports.
- Attend mandatory scheduled staff meetings.
- Keep assigned activity areas clean and safe.
- Other duties as assigned by Coordinator or Supervisor.
- Monitor: Conduct frequent checks of the building and programs by physically roving facility and discreetly checking programs/meeting in progress.
- Administrative: Acceptance of registration forms and other paperwork, phone calls to patrons, RecTrac log in, preparing materials for special events.
- Public relations: Present a professional image, including wearing a clean recreation uniform. Be knowledgeable of facility policies, all program information, user groups and daily schedule.
- Management: Be prepared to set-up, take down or alter room set-ups. Accept change and help implement it. Take initiative to perform tasks without guidance.
- Safety: Maintain a keen instinct for safety hazards. Try to reduce any possible danger to participants. First Aid/CPR/AED and Bloodborne Pathogen training provided annually.
- Cleaning: Maintain a visually impressive Welcome Desk for your co-workers and visitors.
- 18 years or older and/or high school diploma. 2
- Ability to interact courteously with patrons and colleagues.
- Ability to enforce facility policies with confidence and assert oneself in challenging situations.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds (specifically tables, chairs and AV equipment).
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification preferred.
- Punctuality and dependability mandatory.