Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$15.45/hour
- Posted Date:01/29/2019
Applications for this position are taken on an on-going basis.
The WSI is responsible for teaching swim lessons to swimmers between the ages of 6 months to adults and seniors according to Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center guidelines and American Red Cross guidelines. Classes include parent and child classes, American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim classes, tween/teen classes, and adult instructional classes. The WSI will enforce pool and safety rules and Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center policies to maintain a safe environment and customer satisfaction.
- Be familiar with American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim levels and other Red Cross water safety courses and know how to use course materials effectively
- Provide swim instruction to students of all ages, abilities, and skill levels
- Adapt your teaching approaches to the age, experience and ability of participants so they can meet course objectives
- Evaluate students and recommend appropriate classes for their skill levels
- Provide corrective and positive feedback to students to ensure learning and a positive atmosphere
- Complete student evaluation cards
- Have all instructional equipment ready before lessons begin and put all equipment away at the end of lessons.
- Communicate regularly with participants and parents