Pool Manager (Operator)
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.41/hour ($14.92 w/more than 18 months experience)
- Posted Date:01/29/2019
Applications for this position are taken on an on-going basis.
Pool Manager is responsible for supervision activities, monitoring staff and water chemistry at the Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center in order to provide quality swimming environment and services. The Pool Manager must also be a Lifeguard and be energetic, motivated, with strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- $14.41/hour (less than 18moths experience) Grade: 6-8
- $14.92/hour (more than 18 months experience) Grade: 6-9
- Take all precautions and preventive actions necessary to ensure the safety of the facility patrons and personnel.
- See that lifeguards are on duty any time the pool is in use.
- Provide adequate facility supervision.
- Enforce established swimming pool rules and regulations in the appropriate manner.
- Maintain the water quality of the pools and spa within the required health code regulations.
- Make a complete check of the facility and the mechanical equipment before opening and closing the pool.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary facility.
- Enforce uniform requirements and standards of personal appearance.
- Instruct personnel to be courteous, helpful and informative to patrons at all times.
- Supervise the cashier opening and closing procedures.
- Keep a daily log for all questions, problems and situations for other managers and full-time staff.
- Responsible for the conduct and discipline of patrons and personnel.
- Other duties as assigned/necessary.
- Prince George’s County Pool Operators License
- Minimum age is 18; preferred age is 21 years or older.
- Current certifications in the American Red Cross courses:
- Lifeguard Training
- First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Automated External Defibrillation
- One year knowledge and experience of swimming pool management and supervisor skills and three years lifeguarding experience.