- As necessary (usually several times during an election year and again on election day)
- Specific meeting details may change. In addition, boards and committees do hold special meetings and hearings as necessary. Please see Meetings Calendar for details about specific meetings.
- For Board of Election Minutes go to Minutes Archive.
- Five members
The purpose of the Board of Elections is to:
- Periodically review city election procedures and regulations, then recommend to council such changes it deems will provide for the improved conduct of elections
- Designate polling places
- Hear appeals of decisions of the City Clerk
- Appoint election judges and clerks
- Examine any complaints made concerning the judges and clerks
- Certify the results of elections
- Conduct recounts of votes cast in elections whenever there is doubt as to the accuracy of the count
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the charter, ordinances, and resolution
Members of the Board of Elections are paid a nominal amount for the performance of their prescribed duties on election day.
- City Clerk