***Class 18-02 has been cancelled***
The Greenbelt Citizens Police Academy (GCPA) is a free nine (9) week program designed to increase communication and understanding between members of the Greenbelt community and the Greenbelt Police Department. It is an excellent opportunity for individuals, living, working or attending school in Greenbelt to gain a better understanding of how your law enforcement agency works. The GCPA combines classroom and hands-on instruction on a wide variety of police functions.
The Greenbelt Citizens Police Academy (GCPA) will be held on Thursdays, beginning on September 6, 2018. Interested persons meeting the below criteria are encouraged to apply for admission.
- Be at least 18 years of age on the day of the first class.
- Live, work, or attend school in Greenbelt.
- Have no prior felony convictions and no misdemeanor convictions for offenses involving weapons or violence.
- Have no misdemeanor arrest within one (1) year prior to the first class of the GCPA.
- Miss no more than one (1) class.
GCPA Candidates should inquire for applications by contacting Mr. George Mathews at 240-542-2116 or email@example.com or look under the forms section of our website. The entire application must be returned to the Greenbelt Police Department by mail or in person. Candidates will be contacted and advised of the status of their application.
Class size is limited to no more than twelve (12) students. Classes will be filled on a first come first served basis selected from the pool of qualified candidates.
GCPA students are expected to attend every class. We understand emergency circumstances may arise. If a student must miss a class, every attempt will be made to complete a “make up” class.
The GCPA have established the following minimum standards for graduation:
- No more than one absence
- Active participation in all classes.
- Students must conduct themselves in a manner in keeping with the achievement of those goals.
Check out our website www.gpdcitizensacademy.com for more information.