Festival of Lights
Juried Art and Craft Fair
Sat/Sun, December 5 and 6, 2020*
Greenbelt Community Center, 15 Crescent Road
Sponsored by the Greenbelt Recreation Arts Program
Contact: Anne Gardner, email@example.com
* These dates are tentative, pending a determination later in the year that public health conditions are conducive to the event. We encourage you to apply early, however, as selection decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Fees will not be due until later in the year. If the show cannot take place, it is our intention to produce a virtual edition of the Art and Craft Fair; we envision promoting the online sales platforms of our accepted artists who have that capability, and promoting the websites, Facebook pages, or other online presence of accepted artists who take commissions.
The City of Greenbelt is pleased to support local fine artists, artisans, writers, musicians and filmmakers in the sale of their own, original creations. A limited number of spaces are available for youth exhibitors. Non-profit groups also participate in this show; groups may sell wares and memberships, and/or promote community awareness of their activities. Groups are strongly encouraged to sell or raffle art and crafts related to their mission if possible. Exhibitors must participate on both days of the fair: Sat, 10am - 5pm and Sun, 10am - 4pm.
Merchandise restrictions: kit crafts and imported crafts are not permitted. Commercially produced goods also are not permitted (with limited exceptions). Home improvement companies, cosmetics companies and other non-arts businesses are not permitted. Edible goods are permitted as long as they meet Maryland state health department guidelines.
There is no fee to apply. A deadline for payment will be set later in the year. Fees vary by applicant status and booth assignment. Professional fees are $60 and $80. Discounted rates are offered for authors, musicians, filmmakers, youth and non-profit groups.
Follow one of the links below for additional information and to apply:
- Information and Application for PROFESSIONAL ARTISTS AND CRAFTERS (ages 18 and up)
- Information and Application for WRITERS, MUSICIANS AND FILMMAKERS
- Information and Application for YOUTH CRAFTERS (ages 17 and under)
- Information and Application for NON-PROFIT GROUPS (100% of proceeds to the organization)