The Greenbelt Recreation Department is committed to providing quality recreation and educational opportunities in a healthy, positive and enjoyable atmosphere. Our most important goal is to provide a pleasurable and secure environment for all participants. To fulfill this commitment, the Department has established Rules of Conduct. By signing the waiver on the Greenbelt Recreation Department registration form, all class participants agree to abide by these Rules of Conduct.
Individuals may lose the opportunity to participate in programs and services, including the use of center facilities throughout the Department of Recreation, subject to approval of the Assistant Director of Recreation, for any of the following:
- failure to abide by any of the rules established by the Department;
- failure to comply with the direction given by center staff in the lawful performance of their duties;
- misuse, destruction, damage or theft of Department property or the property of others;
- indecent or obscene language or conduct, including use of profanity;
- any action which, in the judgment of Department staff, places the health, safety or welfare of any person at risk. This includes but is not limited to: physical and/or verbal abuse, intimidation, coercion, inciting others to violence or disruption, sexual harassment, possession, use or distribution of weapons, instruments used as weapons, fireworks or explosives;
- possession, use or distribution of alcohol, illegal drugs or controlled substances; and any action that constitutes a violation of local, state or federal law
Misconduct by participants will result in temporary or permanent removal from the program or facility. Refund of program fees will not be issued when removal from the program or facility is a result of non-compliance with the Rules of Conduct.
If participant is under the age of 18, a parent will be notified either face-to-face at pick up time or by written correspondence sent home. In the event that a child must be removed from a program or facility, the parent or guardian will be contacted and required to pick up the child immediately. Removal from a Recreation Department program or facility will extend to all Recreation Department programs and facilities.