The GAIL program in partnership with Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland will offer Aging in Place services for income qualified individuals in Greenbelt.
Services may include the following based on availabilty:
• Help with functional limitations
• Fall prevention and recovery strategies
• Assistive devices to improve mobility such as raised toilet seats and seats for showers
• Structural adaptations such as grab bars and securing cords and rugs and minor home repairs such as fixing holes in floors, tightening handrails on stairways, and improved lighting. Additional appliances, structural modifications may be offered.
To be eligible, one must:
• Be at least 65 years old
• Reside for at least one year in a home covered by current homeowners policy
• Have difficulty performing at least one activity of daily living (dressing, bathing) or difficulty with instrumental activities of daily living (eg. housework, meal preparation, taking medicine as prescribed)
• Be income qualified (income for each individual participant cannot exceed $41,050 per year)
To participate in this program, please contact Christal Batey at email@example.com or call 301-345-6660 ext. 2012. Full applications are available at the GAIL office. You can also find more information on the Habitat for Humanity website https://www.habitatmm.org/homeownership/aging-in-place/