Saturday Morning Drop-in Tutoring Program
Students in grades 1 - 12 and those preparing for the GED exam may receive Free tutoring services on Saturday mornings. Volunteer tutors assist the students in a variety of academic subjects, such as, language arts, mathematics, history, social studies, and political science.
- Where: Springhill Lake Recreation Center Clubhouse,
6101 Cherrywood Lane, Greenbelt, MD 20770
- Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- When: Saturday Mornings
- Students should bring: School work, homework and textbooks
Afterschool Homework Help Club and Tutoring Program
Students attending Springhill Lake Elementary are invited to attend the Homework Help Club.
- Where: Springhill Lake Recreation Center Clubhouse, 6101 Cherrywood Lane, Greenbelt, MD 20770
- Time: 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays (ongoing throughout the school year)
- Students should bring: Homework, School Work and Questions
Interested youths are matched with community volunteers who assist with academic work and help motivate the student. Both group and individual sessions are available. Sessions are conducted exclusively in public places such as local libraries.
Volunteer tutors are recruited from Greenbelt and surrounding communities as well as the University of Maryland. Tutor training workshops are conducted throughout the year.
For more information, contact CARES at 301-345-6660.