We would like to welcome our new Economic Developer, Charise Liggins! She acts as a liaison with the business community to support business attraction, outreach and retention.
New development proposals were presented in 2018 for two vacant parcels. Staff will continue to monitor these proposals as they move through the review process. Staff will also work with area employers and property owners to understand needs from the city to further develop an economic development program with enhancements through FY 2020 and beyond.
Below is a survey concerning Community & Economic Development Goals. Please share your thoughts with us. After the survey, there are links to numerous reference items pertaining to the Economic Development Program. Please take some time to review the goals and comment on the sections that you would like to. Thank you for your input.
- Sage Report- An Economic Development Strategy
- HCDC Economic Development Report - Competitive and Collaborative Analysis
- Draft Economic Development Goals
- Informational Packet from Council Work Session on Economic Development August 6, 2018
- Economic Development Work Session Video
- Video of Economic Development Item from City Council Meeting
of August 13, 2018
- Video of Economic Development Policy from the September 11, 2018 City Council Meeting